Early intervention systems for adverse police interactions.
- Working in a team of four graduate students/post-docs to expand a machine-learning based model to predict adverse police-citizen incidents.
- Part of the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Data Science for Social Good Summer Fellowship in Chicago, IL.
SMPM: Incompressible Navier-Stokes Solver
- Modeling of shoaling nonlinear internal waves over a shallow, sloping bathymetry.
- A fortran90/Matlab suite of tools to solve the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations with a high-order element-based discretization and a Schur-complement based domain decomposition. Under development with Greg Thomsen and Peter Diamessis.
Deflation of Schur complements of elliptic problems
- Use of deflation alongside block-diagonal preconditioning for designing a parallel sparse matrix solver for elliptic FEM problems.
- Acheives convergence rate of GMRES independent of grid deformations and grid size.
High-order FEM acoustic propagation through incompressible flows
- High-frequency rough-surface scattering using COMSOL FEM and Matlab-based boundary element methods.
- High-order continuous spectral element collocation method for sound propagation through moving incompressible flows.
College football data scraping, analysis, and blogging
- Scraping college football play-by-play data into a SQL database for analysis.
- Data analysis with Pandas/Matlab, visualization with d3.js and dimple.js.